Wednesday, December 16, 2009
(longstanding Myrtleandeunice preference for bad news first – so as to end on high)
1. Falling off the blogosphere lately.
2. Possibility of Santa no-show. Haven’t tackled Christmas list. Christmas list, scrawled on back of envelope, not sighted for three days.
3. Running out of advent ideas. None of the envelopes have anything in them ahead of time. Three minutes prior to opening, some festive-ish activity-lette is concocted and we all come over Christmassy. Quite a pace to keep for an entire countdown.
• Arriving at realisation that my brain needs a rest PRIOR to inevitable meltdown. Far better to take a January bloggy break and launch a year with energy and clarity, rather than continue this ongoing flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants malarkey all the way into 2010.
• The Afternoon Play on BBC Radio 4. A constant companion while working and current source of sanity. I wish Australian radio did drama as well as the Poms.
• Ability to switch Advent idea at a moment’s notice, thus catering for tired kids, unimaginative parents and a tray full of fundraiser mangoes (‘eat one whole mango each!’ Hooray!)
The Giveaway: Tea Towel Anyone?
I may not have a Christmas list happening, but I have been toying with some of that printing stuff. In festive giveaway style, five tea towels are up for grabs. I’m happy to ship internationally and no need to be a follower or whatnot. Just include which tea towel you would prefer. Printed on 100% linen with a dry sense of humour. I’ll draw the five winners midday Sunday Melbourne time...
Wash the dishes
Dry the dishes
Turn the dishes over (the line that requires a handstand)
All washed up and hung out to dry
(a statement which is all about the tea towel and not, under any circumstances, to be taken personally)
Loobylu is the hostess with the mostest for Hot and Nots but it’s quite possible that every other Hot and Not-er is busy doing something constructive – like dealing with the last items on that list...